New Venture 4500 Manual Tranny

Has any found an replacement fluid other than the Castrol Syn-Torq for this transmission? I do some heavy towing was wishing to upgrade for this reason.

Reply to
madratchet

There are plenty of fluids that are effectively identical to Syn-Torq and I believe Mobil and Royal Purple make some. I don't know if any of them are an upgrade per se, although their manufactures always claim their product is the best.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey