Noisy brakes: Bad driving or bad parts?

Six weeks ago, I had new front rotors and brake pads installed on my

2000 Toyota Camry. At the time, the car had 24,000 miles and it seemed much too early to have to replace the rotors, but I went along with the mechanic's recommendation. Now, the car has 27,000 miles and the brakes are squeaking. So I brought it in, the mechanic looked it over and said the rotors were glazed. According to him, that meant the car was being braked excessively or hard. So he said he would deglaze the rotors and told me to bring it back if the problem continued. If so, he said the solution would be different pads that were quieter. Both the explanation of "excessive braking" and "quieter pads" (at an additional charge) sound odd to me. So I'm wondering whether this actually makes sense or is this guy not very competent. So far, I've paid $420 for the front rotor job. That seems more than enough to get the job done right. Suggestions, please. Thanks.
Reply to
Russell Wayne

Mike Walsh