Nokian WRG2 Vs Michellin Primacy MXV4 Tires ?

Hello,

Live in New England.

Lots of snow. Lots of ice.

Want to get a new set of 4 all-weather tires.

Might anyone have any opinions on the Nokian WRG2 vs the Michellin Primacy MXV4 ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob wrote in news:i7tku2$7b0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Don't. Get *proper* snow tires. Below freezing temperatures make all-season tires useless.

Reply to
chuckcar

Agree, good old-fashioned snow tires, or studded snow tires for ice beat others hands down. In OK, when I was a kid, my grandfather always used the studded snow tires. OK is well known for ice storms and the dreaded black ice. Either that or go even more retro and use chains.

Reply to
sctvguy1

bop on over to alt.autos.honda and check out elmo p. shagnasty's experience with nokian's.

Reply to
jim beam

No, get new-fashioned *WINTER* tires. MXV4 means all-season to me, not sure about the Nokians. but on my 944 I was switching off between Yokohama AVS in the summer and Dunlop Winter Sport in the winter, no compromises in any season. Got some extra wheels used 'n' cheap so I could swap them myself. That car was a beast in snow, believe it or not. But if you got caught in snow with the Yokos on... I did that

*once.* Exactly once.

The Dunlops were *way* nicer to drive on than the old fashioned deep lug snow tires, but I didn't notice any tradeoffs in traction.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Hachiroku wrote in news:i807ch$88t$ snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net:

Hmm. Do I detect a cheap replacement for track tires?

Reply to
chuckcar

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

I imagine the ride height didn't help much either.

Reply to
chuckcar

Hachiroku wrote in news:i8bck4$830$ snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net:

You don't *have* another set of tires? Bad, very bad. Get there soonest and safest. BTW up here we have a province that just passed a law that you *have* to put on *real* winter tires in winter. They also have a law that you can't turn left on a red light though. (Quebec).

Reply to
chuckcar

Meh, we only get one big snow every couple years here, and last year's, unless you had an old Dodge Power Wagon or something you still weren't getting out (close to 3' of snow on the ground, what a mess - VA isn't prepared for that kind of snow!) in normal situations a 944 is more than adequate. Drove several winters with a lowered VW Scirocco, in several states including Michigan (granted, that car never left the metro Detroit/Ann Arbor area, but still.) I find that I actually prefer a balanced RWD car to FWD in snow but obviously AWD is the best of both worlds.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I think Magnusson Moss has to do in particular with warranty issues (of which this could specifically apply) while Sherman and Clayton address "tying" of the purchase of one product to another.

I questioned the practice of forcing a person to buy rental car insurance, in practice, to renting the car that was common a couple of decades.. They didnt exactly force you to buy the insurance BUT they would tell you that if you brought the car backed with a scratch, a nick in the mirror, or whatever they had the right to put the entire cost of the car on your credit card. I guess "the law" finally got close enough that this practice has disappeared.

Reply to
hls