non-conductive copper wire!!

Just noticed the battery isolater on my antique motor-home no longer goes click when turning the ignition switch on. Its two years new. The old one worked ok,but would sometimes stick, preventing cranking. so I put the old one back on (never toss anything, ever!) and it still goes click, per normal. Did an autopsy on the new one, nothing appeared wrong. Hooked up a continuity tester to each end of the coil...NO CONTINUITY!!!! Put the probes on the wire 2" apart...ditto. Yeah, the tester works. Any ideas here??? Thx, Mel

Reply to
Mel

Don, thx mucho for the very informative (and quick) reply to my isolator dillema! And you are right...reassembly is not gonna happen, tho I have little to do other than watch the taxes grow

Thanks again Mel Owen

Reply to
Mel