oil pump came with gasket?

Reply to
Steve B.

Napa or CarQuest or any "Real" parts store in your town. The one with the trucks that deliver to the pros.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Now I've been told by someone who has rebuilt one of these motors that he put nothing besides Gaskacinch(sp) in between the oil pump housing and block, and that there are no o-rings. Now I think that what I've done (used the supplied gasket and RTV only on the bottom and the grooves around the oil passages) should be sufficient. I'm getting tired of thinking about it so I guess it's time to just see if it leaks.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood

I think you have the wrong pump.

RTV will not substitute for o-rings because it goes mushy in direct contact with oil.

Please post a follow-up and let us know what happens.

Mike

Ryan Underwood wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain