oops, he did it again -> he was made beliiieeeeeeve it's not p.o.s, da da da da da (sing with me to the tune)

Locally a guy who has accumulated 84 local points on his license over his driving career finally (the license was suspended) did the kissing act in the wet turn with a light pole.

I suspect RAV4 schizofrenic twin of awd system in nissan murano the guy was driving at the time of the accident had something to do with it :-]

it always amazes me when people buy a compact "suv" that's normally fwd and has rear axle activated at the least opportune time turning the car into an uncontrollable beast whenever you need to have control the most.

somehow I think this would have been better in Juke :^)

Reply to
AD

The problem is that people buy big trucks and want to drive them like sports cars.

All the fancy stability control systems and on-demand AWD systems basically don't do anything during normal driving conditions. They only kick in when you're heading outside the normal envelope.

People buy trucks and they don't really know where the normal envelope is and they think they can drive them like cars and it's remarkable really how few of them die.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Murano is essentially maxima on stilts. The clearances of what you call trucks are what they used to be on cars of yesteryears and, despite 6-7" of clearance, our predecessors somehow got by, H-4 under the hood or not.

I was trying to make a point that an fwd in a skid is an uncontrollable p.o.s.

doubly so when awd is unexpectedly kicked in shifting power rearwards. With a moron at the wheel the situation is more likely to go out of hand as it did in this particular application.

Luckily, the moron did not mess up a fine 330xi or a car with a torsen diff.

Reply to
AD