Overdrive problems on1987 240DL

I was on a road trip a few weeks ago and I suddenly lost my overdrive. The arrow indicator light came on, and the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse, and it functioned for a few minutes, then blew out again(repeated a few times).

I replaced the Relay, and it is still blows fuses.

I did a test when the engine was off, and the switch works fine, I can hear the solenoid engaging in the few minutes before the fuse blows. Could there still be a problem with the solenoid, or is it most likely wiring?

Suggestions?

Reply to
SebastianBarabash