overheating

I have a 97 Cavalier. It was overheating so I installed a new thermostat. Still overheating. Took out the thermostat, ran fine but of course no heat. Bought another one and installed it and overheating again. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
sjayk58

Are you getting the right thermostat for it? Also what temperature does the thermostat open up at that you are buying?

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

Believe it or not, I have heard of them being installed upside down too. Not an issue for some thermostats because of their unmistakeable configuration, but others are not so obvious.

Reply to
<HLS

Supposed to open at 195 but doesn`t seem to be. Maybe get one at 170 or

180? Looking at it I don`t see how it could be in upside down.
Reply to
sjayk58

Is the spring-loaded end pointing towards the engine or the rad?

If mounted sideways, is the "jiggle pin" up or down?

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser