Oxidized dashboard

I have inherited my daughters '97 Geo Metro LSI and it is in really good shape except for the dash which has badly oxidized from sitting in the Florida sun from grey to almost white. Is there anything that can be done, short of replacing it, to remove the oixidation? Suggestions will be very welcome. Thanks.

Reply to
sumtimes

hi there sumtimes, i'm pretty sure that you cannot remove the oxidization and those armourall type products are good for dressing trim thats not oxidized to make them look spiffy. you could try them however, but if you want it to look like new again i suggest getting a new dash, either that or buy a dashmat, to cover it up. (out of sight out of mind)

Reply to
hobbittrav

see my reply in rec.autos.antique (is a '97 Metro antique? Sheesh, my daily driver is practically a museum piece then!)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel