pontiac engine swap to chevy 350

I have a 1970 pontiac grand prix that had a 400 in it befor i got it. It has a 327 now. I have a chevy 350 that I want to drop in it. I was
woundering if i could drop it in and if so what would i have to do?
On Sep 17, 8:05 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It will drop right in and not a thing to do..
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What make is the engine in it? If it is a Chevy 327 engine then the 350 will bolt right in. If it is a Pontiac 326 engine you will need to either swap transmissions to a Chevy pattern or buy an adapter plate.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There's no such thing as a Pontiac 327. Either somebody has already swapped it to a Shove-a-lot 327, or its a Pontiac 326. If its a chebby engine, then they already swapped transmissions and the shove-a-lot 350 will drop in. If its a Pontiac 326, then you'll have to find a transmission with a Chebby bolt pattern, and re-route things like the starter wiring, AC plumbing (if so equipped) get the Chevy-style brackets for alternator, PS, etc.