Project Mini Mazda

Hey, I just need some advice and comments. I bought an 86 mazda b-series truck with a 4 cylinder motor, 5 speed tranny, and 2 wheel drive. I do get 32 mpg on the highway, but I want to beef the truck up and trick it out. It has major rust holes in the truck bed, but not at all bad anywhere else, just a little sanding and paint. But I wanna hear your advice. Should I try to repair it by welding in sheet metal, Grinding it down, and painting it, Or should I save the time and effort to get a new truck bed from the salvage yard. I'll let you know now, Im kinda tight on cash, so inexpensive is the way to go hopefully. I dont mind a little manual labor, I do it all the time. Any other suggestions will help me out too. No, getting another truck is not an option. I love my mazda, I'm keeping it. And if you have questions, I'm the mechanic of my family, I might know some answers. Thanks

Reply to
bondo via CarKB.com