Pulsation in steering wheel caused by power steering pump or rack?

Hi,

I've developed a noticeable pulsing in my 1988 Accord steering wheel at very low speeds, getting a little faster as I speed up, and going away altogether above say 40 mph. I'll take the PS belt off this weekend and see whether it goes away.

If it does, anyone know know how to tell if the problem is with the PS pump or the valving at the rack?

Thanks,

JB

Reply to
misterbeets

Bet one or more of your tires is out of round/true, or is installed badly.

A wobble at low speed is a certain sign of that.

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

Yep, front tire finally went flat, just as I was preparing to switch it to the rear, and showed several deep cuts at tread inner edge. Wobble gone.

Reply to
misterbeets