R13 refrigerant replacement

Air injection pipe.

Rock Auto shows 5 choices.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

This entire system can be removed without affecting the car's performance or emissions. There is even a service bulletin related to disabling/deleting the air injection system for the Caprice/Roadmaster/ Fleetwood '95-96. If the check valves fail condensation can get into parts and cause a check engine light, and they apparently didn't really need it after all. You can even get a replacement sticker for under the hood. Do a google for more details. I would recommend removing everything and capping the exhaust manifolds, not sure of the exact size plug you will need. Did it on my Caprice and it really cleans up the engine bay, makes it easier to change spark plugs, etc. If in California you might technically need to leave it in place but disabled.

Harry

Reply to
"Harry Smith"

By the way, how do you like your yacht? I love my '94 Brougham. She just turned 70 thousand miles, a real granny car. Mine took good care of it.

Harry

Reply to
"Harry Smith"

I had a 95 Caprice which I believe is the same car with less doo dads. It was a great car. Last I saw it it was still running strong at

143,000 miles. It was a very good road car and I got 25 mpg on the highway.
Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I bought mine 4 years ago with 37k miles and am almost to 100 now. I've had most of the normal problems for these cars but you just can't beat them... I have always liked '60s land yachts and in my opinion this series was as close as you could get to 60s size and performance with today's reliability. I'm basically all stock except I did do the sewer pipe intake with drilled air box. I don't think it made it any faster but it sure sounds better :-)

I recently thought I was tired of the Fleetwood and tried to replace it with a TownCar.. TownCar made it six months and I sold it and got the Fleetwood back out. TownCar got better mileage in town but damn those things are slow compared to the Fleetwood.

So I guess in answer to your question I love the Fleetwood. I wish the model had continued on.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Just can't beat them for what they are, a Ford is no comparison. I have pictures of mine at...

As to your original issue, you can get good information from the Impala SS guys...
Good luck, Harry

Reply to
"Harry Smith"

That is what my 1992 dodge uses