Radial Ride Rough on 71 AMC Matador

1800 lbs is a good weight for a simple car. I had cars close to that during the 80s. These days, I drive a VW Passat wagon. It seems like a small car but the darn thing weighs in at 3800 lbs. It's simply amazing!
Reply to
dsi1

Some of those people in Sweden like to buy big old American cars and fix them up. Fill them up with chicks and drink cheap beer and listen to raeggae music while they are driving around.

Reply to
JR

Of cars I have had, the MG Midget, VW Rabbit (Golf I), and Renault R5 were all around 1,800 pounds, and the Renault 11 just under 2,000 pounds.

Sad that a car such as the Miata weighs a porky 2,400 pounds.

Reply to
T0m $herman

Some designers got it right:

AMuzi

Well who the hell doesn't enjoy doing that? :-)

Reply to
dsi1

Volkswagen 911?

Reply to
T0m $herman

Not so fun when it is really cold out and you have to find a tree to pee behind.

Reply to
T0m $herman

Well, I suppose the cars are much safer these days. Safety weighs a lot!

Reply to
dsi1

The should have had special labeling on the faces so that the lettering matches the orientation. I like the gauge set on my 67 Barracuda. It had an in-dash vacuum gauge and an ampmeter. I don;t recall if it had a tach.

Reply to
dsi1

This is a good point. I guess I got the Swedes mixed up with the Jamaicans.

Reply to
dsi1

They have. I too remember buying an old car with Hankooks on it circa

1996 and replaced them toot sweet. Today they have several models that are popular for autocross and road racing.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

*shrug*