Radials for 71 Matador

I think Russia's first automobile factory (cars for the masses) was Gaz. Henry Ford Model A cars built in Russia under license from Ford.

Reply to
JR

FDR strongarmed Packard to give them to Russia. Packard had the new Clipper for 1942, but the 180 was the top of the line for limos and such.

Reply to
sctvguy1

I had my great handling cars, a 77 and a 78 MGB. I had the 77 for 14 years and never one problem, not even electrical from that car. I restored that one to the max. So I know what a good handling car is. Ever drive a step-down Hudson? If so, then don't say that American cars can't handle!

Reply to
sctvguy1

Those Nash 'bath tub' cars were nice too. Russian cars, Google,,, History of Russian Automobile Production

Reply to
JR

My '65 Corvair handled like a dream with 195/60R14 on the front, and 225/60R14 on the rear.

Reply to
m6onz5a

The old Ford MUTT Jeeps, when they went 'Airborne' the axles would fold inward. The Military quit using them.

Reply to
JR

Volkswagern and Corvair changed that for the 1965 model year in autumn 1964 before Nader published. Not that anyone cares now; the damage was done.

Reply to
AMuzi

I just had Discount tire put a set of 215/75-14's on my 60 Dodge. Basic cost was $50 a tire. They ride great, much better then the old ones did. Car scoots right up to 70 mph.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Found that tire, it is a Hancook tire, and it was $50. The other tires in that size were designated as "trailer tires" only. One of these stores is just down the street.

Reply to
sctvguy1

That old Texaco Marfak ''Magic Carpet'' ride. I used to see their Texaco TV commercials and ads in magazines a lonnnng time ago.

Reply to
JR

Uncle Milte, Were you on the Texaco Star show?

Reply to
sctvguy1

No, Honda-Kawasaki-Victory-Yamaha dealership.

Reply to
T0m $herman

Jack that Matador up so the weight is off the springs. Grind a chisel edge on an old screwdriver, hammer the screwdriver so as to get some space betwe en the springs and put some oil in there. That might result in a little bit of a softer ride. I read about that ''trick'' a lonnnng time ago in either Popular Mechanics or Popular Science magazine. Uncle Miltie,,,, Google,,, Texac o Star Theater Youtube

Reply to
JR

Jack that Matador up so the weight is off the springs. Grind a chisel edge on an old screwdriver, hammer the screwdriver so as to get some space betwe en the springs and put some oil in there. That might result in a little bit of a softer ride. I read about that ''trick'' a lonnnng time ago in either Popular Mechanics or Popular Science magazine. Uncle Miltie,,,, Google,,, Texac o Star Theater Youtube

Reply to
JR

It has coils all around, not rear leaf springs.

Reply to
sctvguy1

Coils? Foiled again! My 1967 Plymouth car I used to own, it had torsion bar front suspension, and rear leaf springs suspension.

Reply to
JR

sctvguy1 wrote: "- show quoted text - Found that tire, it is a Hancook tire, and it was $50. The other tires in that size were designated as "trailer tires" only. One of these stores is just down the street. "

Dude - Get your tires from somewhere in the UNITED STATES!

I'm sick of hearing this "trailer-only" horseshit.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Tire Stores will NOT install a "trailer tire" on a passenger car. They have you by the short hairs.

Reply to
sctvguy1

sctvguy1:

Buy them here:

They don't have to know what you're putting them on. Have a shop rim them up, then put them on your car at home.

This sounds so communist! How could a tire size that was common 40 years ago now be relegated to trailer service?!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Some people build their own single axle, or double axles, trailers, using car/truck parts. a guy even built one using a Ford Model A front axle, he welded up the king pins on the axle.

Reply to
JR