Radiator Drain Plug

Lately ive notice small puddles of water/antifreeze under my truck after search i found that it was my Drain plug leaking so I got a new one but it i just move it a smudge it leaks with the new one as well. It seems to me like it is not locking in place good enough.

Anyone have or know a way to fix this without get a new Radiator?

Reply to
AreikUSA

I would use something mechanical like pliers if my hand wasn't strong enough to tighten up a new valve.

I would first suspect scale is in the bottom of the rad getting into the seal of the valve and that the rad needs a good flush with the valve right out though......

Mike

Mike Romain

If its the kind with the O-ring, the seat (part of the radiator) could be dirty.

If its the 2 part kind (one piece threads into the radiator and a drain plug threads into that) and the threads in the radiator are leaking, try some teflon plumbing tape around the threads into the radiator.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Paul, its a O-ring. Its ike its really lose like you can jiggle it around a bit and the part for it to hock on is all striped not letting it lock into place. I will have to Drain it to clean that plug, that was fun last time. =(

Reply to
AreikUSA