Re: Best 2007 Luxury SUVs - Consumer Reports

Best 2007 Luxury SUVs, According to Consumer Reports

> > The new Mercedes-Benz GL- and R-Class luxury sport utility vehicles > outpointed competitors from Volvo, Audi, and Cadillac in tests for the > November issue of Consumer Reports. The GL- and R-Class posted "Very > Good" overall scores in tests against the Volvo XC90, Audi Q7, and > new 2007 Cadillac Escalade.

Although I have owned SUVs, and understand how useful they can be, the reason we have very expensive "luxury SUVs" escapes me. If you have $60+K to spend on vehicles, wouldn't you be better off buying a comfortable luxury sedan for your everyday driving, and a cheap mini-van, full size van, or pick-up to handle the things an SUV does well? Or even buy a used pedestrian SUV to go along with your luxury sedan. I just can't picture driving an R-Class SUV on to the beach to go surf fishing, or through a muddy trail in the woods. But I suppose if you have enough money to afford and fuel the R-Class, you don't really have to care about a few scratches.

Reply to
C. E. White