Re: Break-in period

> Manual says not to change speed abruptly so you better break that habit of

> > peeling-out on green, Jean. > > > Yeah. It's a bad habit anyway. I got into it because my car > is very quick off the start, and I found that kind-of fun. :-(

I like to do it when anyone next to me at a stoplight is showing real attitude. It's fun to pull away from some squealing Charger, Mustang, or SUV. This is possible because most people don't know how to optimally shift their old broken down shit technology transmissions, which of course is not an issue in a Prius. (Can't beat BMWs or 'Vettes, though; that will have to wait for the hybrid Camry.) It seems to help to push the pedal just enough to start the engine (takes about half-a-second), and then mash it to the floor for as long as necessary. It works especially well going uphill. The others just crap out.

Of course, do this only *after* the sensible-driving break-in period, otherwise performance and engine life may be reduced. Synthetic oil may also help.

Reply to
richard schumacher

Oh, to be 17 years old again!

Reply to