Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?

"Stuart A. Bronstein" wrote in news:FEwNf.36318$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

I found out from another thread that brake rotors can't warp and it > seems nobody on this planet can really (reliably) tell the difference > between brake friction materials (because there are no standards > whatsoever) according to >
> So, since I have horrible brake-induced wobble in my Toyota 4Runner, > how DOES anyone buy the right parts given there are no regulations or > standards to protect us? > > We may as well close our eyes and choose randomly for all the lack of > standards. Which leaves me to my most important question, having to > trust in your judgement and experience (which I don't have). > > Where would YOU buy a good quality rotors & pads for a Toyota 4Runner? >

I'd go to a Toyota service agent. Why would they tell anybody else how to manufacture replacement spare parts for their products?

Incidentally rotors may not warp much (they do a bit), but they can certainly wear to some very interesting shapes.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Reply to
Greg Locock