Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?

Confused? Why? Fucking take your car in and have the rotors machined, and when the pulsation stops, you can f****ng bet it is because the pads now have a flat surface to grip.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

Stuart A. Bronstein wrote: snip

It seems to me you've found one article that you want to believe over all the other articles available, as well as the advice from learned technicians, based on their education and experience. Many of these techs I've read in this thread are either experts in the field of brakes or are Master Diagnostic Technicians, which would lead one to believe the majority opinion of these is true. Are you possibly overanalyzing your situation? davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

What do you mean by "long term". As far as I can tell you are resisting the idea of fixing your brakes because eventually they will require fixing again. If you are hard on the brakes you can expect to have to repair them quite often. If you put your mind to it you can easily wear your brakes out in days. Nevertheless, if you develop a pulsation in the brakes and you replace the pads and rotors you can reasonably expect that to fix the problem and it should last as long as the originals did if you drive the same as before. Anybody who knows what they are doing will also make sure the calipers and pistons are clean, that they move freely and are generally in good working order and if not they should be fixed also. In most cases buying replacement rotors costs the same or very little more than having the rotors turned so just buy the rotors and you won't have to worry about the rotors not being turned properly. That should address most of the worries from the article you are so fond of.

-jim

Reply to
sjedgingN0sp"