Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?

I found out from another thread that brake rotors can't warp

Someone has lied to you. Brake rotors can warp. Resurface them if there is enough thickness left. also, Even new rotors could have a warp in them (mishandeling etc.) If you can not resurface your old ones, get new ones and resurface them before installation and all brake related vibrations (when hitting the brake) will be gone. :)

Reply to
Spaceman

Never resurface a warped rotor, trash them because the grain structure and stress that caused the warpage is still present and when the rotors are turner they are thinner and have less mass to conduct the heat and are even more likely to warp when heavy braking loads are placed on them.

Reply to
SnoMan

I agree. also make sure the lugnuts are properly tightened in the proper sequence and the correct torque. (especially on hub-less rotors) :)

Reply to
Spaceman

Good Point :)

Reply to