Re: Correct lube for window channel?

The window regulator failed on my 93 Nissan Sentra, probably because I

> cleaned the driver's window channel (2-dr) so well that the glass bound > up and the cable failed. > > I think I can install a new regulator, but what do I lube the channel > with to prevent another problem? The passenger window is almost never > used, but probably needs help too. > > I'm posting this to several NGs because a.a.nissan is a really slow > group these days. > > Thanks, > Jm > >

For the most part a graphite lube works the best, dry, doesn't attract dirt/crap and lasts a long time. You can buy it in a spray on form that evaporates and leaves the lube behind. Also some of the dry lubes that contain teflon work pretty well but they seem to fade pretty fast.

Most of the factory lubes are either silicone based greases or lithium based white lubes. But they do collect crap.

Reply to
Steve W.

Same here. 303 actually works to preserve the material.

Reply to
Steve W.