Re: Gasoline reported to "spoil" after only one month in your tank

SMS wrote:

> [...]

It is a "light naptha". So is gasoline. It is also known as "first run gasoline", and in many places "white gas". It is "pure" gasoline in that there are no detergents, knock inhibitors, etc added to it - just straight distilled petroleum product.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Let me guess, you were invested in Isuzu stock? LOL!

Let me see, trust ad-driven magazines where I have first hand observations between the number of ads purchased by a company and the number of positive articles about that company in the magazine (ad purchase=positive reviews), or trust a magazine that not only doesn't accept advertising, but sues anyone and everyone who attempts to use postive reviews from their magazine in any kind of advertising.

Lemme think about this one...

Well, since the third option is blind ignorance, I think I'll go with CR. I've found their research to be very accurate in the twenty-plus years that I've been reading them.

BTW, narrow SUVs with a high CG roll over, it's a physics problem not a political problem. :)

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

Really? Remember the Samurai and how CR almost killed off Suzuki in this country for no reason other than to sell a couple magazines? I'd almost rather have "blind ignorance" than give them a cent of my money.

yeah, no shit.

Remember that this is the same magazine that also apparently gave Fram oil filters a good review.

nate

Reply to
N8N

(concatenated response to Nate and Jazzman):

LOL indeed. No, my experience has nothing to do with ownership of / investment in Isuzu or Suzuki or any other specific product or company they've panned or praised. I've written it up in detail in this forum before; you may search it if you're that interested. (Or, you can carry on making lame ASSumptions.)

Yep, false knowledge is generally just as bad as ignorance, if not worse.

They did indeed. Also said that the '90 Jetta was exceptionally reliable. Also said that all engine oils are functionally identical. And much, much more.

As a source of entertainment, CR almost matches Mad Magazine.

Almost.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern