Re: Help! '85 Toyota Tercel having starting problems.

did you find the source of your problem ?? i am having the same issues over here

thanks! >It's a 3A engine. It's having an intermittant starting problem:

sometimes when I turn the key I only hear a click. If I turn it >several more times, it starts. I've tried a few different starters, >althought they were all from the junkyard. The last starter I tried >had a "Rebuilt by Exide" sticker on it, although who knows how long >ago that was done. The starter which is in it now came out of a car >that only had 100,000 miles on it. I think I can say it's not the >starter. The charging system, battery and cables are fine. I've >tried a different neutral shut-off switch, I figure if I'm hearing a >click from the starter then the ignition switch and solenoid wire must >be ok. Is there something I'm completely overlooking here? Could it >be something to do with chewed up teeth on the flywheel or something? >I thought this car could never have any problem I couldn't fix. >
Reply to
Chris

Not yet. So far I've tried replacing both battery cables. I guess I'll try rebuilding the starter next.

Reply to
ix