Re: New Shocks effect Riding Height?

Not unless they installed the springs on the struts incorrectly.

2003 22:15:05 GMT, F>Hi All: Just replaced the front and rear shocks on my 98 Grand
Reply to
JimV

> Hi All: Just replaced the front and rear shocks on my 98 Grand > Marquis. > I beleive they are Heavy Duty Monroe. Price $225.00 Installed. > Anyway, I realized that shcoks aren't supposed to raise the height of > the car like new springs would, but I sware that this car si at least > 1" - 2" higher off the ground (sitting in my driveway) than it was > before I changed the shocks. Is this possible or are my eyes playing > tricks. > By the way, there is improvement in handling but the ride seems a bit > stiff. > Robert

If you got gas charged shocks, they will raise your car by about that amount.

Reply to
Paül <py¤ats@tex°xas.net>

If they are coil-overs then maybe some height would be gained.But otherwise conventional shocks do not effect riding height.

WOODY

Reply to
Woody

|Hi All: Just replaced the front and rear shocks on my 98 Grand |Marquis. |I beleive they are Heavy Duty Monroe. Price $225.00 Installed. |Anyway, I realized that shcoks aren't supposed to raise the height of |the car like new springs would, but I sware that this car si at least |1" - 2" higher off the ground (sitting in my driveway) than it was |before I changed the shocks. Is this possible or are my eyes playing |tricks. |By the way, there is improvement in handling but the ride seems a bit |stiff.

High-pressure gas shocks. they will raise it a bit. If your old shocks were non-gas, or gas shocks that had lost their pressure, then you will see a noticeable change in ride height.

Reply to
Rex B