Re: Stupid "free energy" idea

Then you wouldn't be coasting and you wouldn't be on topic.

I see reading comprehension is't your strong point either! Did you read above were it was metioned the vehicle would be in neutral for it to be at idle speed ???

I don't think many people drive around in first gear all the time!

You will find that

Well which is it einstein ? First you state: " RPMs typical of highway speeds in top gear involve actually fairly HIGH levels of engine braking". Then you state:"You should immediately notice DECREASED compression braking when you put the car into 2nd versus 1st."

So if you notice DECREASED engine braking in second gear versus first why would you have HIGH levels of engine braking in top gear ???? Sounds contradictory to me.

Yes we drive cars, we leave the idiot part up to you being you are so good at it.

YES, there ARE

And there are also hills which the vehicle will be able to coast down with the vehicle in gear (such as your example above), and that is what this discussion is all about.

Reply to
Mike

Then you wouldn't be coasting, would you ????? Are you really this stupid in real life ???

Reply to
Mike

the RPM drops because the car is slowing.

Even if the TC unlocks, you DO realize that you are still viscously coupled to the driveline, right?

Do you need like an MPG of my driving down a hill? Do I have to youtube this shit for you idiots?

OMFG...how else would the engine keep spinning?

Trav

Reply to
travisgod

This is absolutely false. The TC won't typically unlock until the TQ gets nearer to stall speed in highest gear. Not even close. VWs will even DOWNSHIFT for you as you engine decelerate.

Nevermind manuals.

Buffoon.

Most cars will UPSHIFT if you are not under load!

The point is only relevant when the car requires fuel IN GEAR to overpower engine compression.

AGAIN, this goes back to why hybrids do what they do. In MANY cases, at HIGHWAY speeds, where UPSHIFT is not possible, you will do better rolling out than using fuel because engine compression is a SIGNIFICANT decelerative load.

To prove this, merely HOLD A GEAR and step off the fking gas. Just let up. Use a manual transmission if necessary.

Hell, guys, I do this shit every fking day on one particular downhill, exit 8B on I395N, Rt 27 to the memorial bridge. It's a freeway, ramp, top gear, 6th in the Phaeton. I can either use fuel to drive down it or let the car out of gear and coast. If I do the latter, yes, I gain a little bit more speed (obviously), but I can WATCH the fuel meter in real time, and my rollout when the grade lessens is like a freaking mile instead of having to go back onto the gas at the bottom of the grade.

These things are so easy to prove for yourselves, that I do not know why you bother arguing them.

Trav

Reply to
travisgod

Dumbass! He's already explained to you that the RPM will drop REGARDLESS of whether or not the car is slowing. You don't seem to understand the term "low reverse-coupling."

Really? Next you'll be explaining what a 'clutch' is.

You're probably able to compare respective fuel consumptions to determine, of your driving styles, which is the more fuel efficient, but you don't show much competence in explaining why your results are the way they are. No, a video wouldn't help. The narration would likely be equally idiotic.

That's what we've all been wondering.

Reply to
Wayne Dobson

Hang on a moment. You are travelling on the *level* at a constant speed. You put the car in neutral and that makes it go faster? How? Where's the force coming from to accelerate it? Yes you've removed some of the drag because there's no engine braking but you've also removed any possible propulsion from the engine. There *is* no force to accelerate it.

If you were on a downward gradient, you'd have a component of the car's weight propelling it (a component that increases as the gradient gets steeper). But you said "Why would you need a downward gradient when I can simply cause the car to accelerate by shifting it into neutral?" which tends to imply that you are *not* on a downward gradient.

Reply to
Mortimer

what we've all been wondering is how you could possibly be so terminally stupid.

Trav

Reply to
travisgod

  • Trav says that shifting into neutral causes the car to accelerate. I explained to him that this couldn't be the case.
  • He then challenged me to try shifting the gear into neutral on a downward slope, so that I could observe that this action caused the car to accelerate.
  • I then asked him that if the shifting of the gear into neutral was the cause of the car's accelerating, why there would also be a need to place the car on a slope.

What he put forward is complete nonsense! Actually, it is the handbrake which causes the car to accelerate, as once, when I had my car on a slope with the handbrake up, I took it off and the car started to accelerate downhill...

Excuse me, but I have to go for a lie-down, now.

Reply to
Wayne Dobson

What is not clear in your missive is whom the proponent of releasing the handbrake as a cause of acceleration is yourself or the dork.

Reply to
Androcles

I guess if one understandably lacked the patience to read through the content of Trav's tedious ramblings and just came upon my strange statement, it could look like that. The thing is I don't see why if he can have a stupid position which he holds on to like grim death, why I can't have one of my own, too. I'm no less a person than he. If putting his car into neutral causes it to accelerate, then the handbrake on my car does the same for mine. Now we're both happy.

Reply to
Wayne Dobson

Metinks the Stupid ''free energy'' idea thread belongs in the sci.energy newsgroup thingy.There ain't no free lunch, boys and girls. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

As you correctly state, one understandably lacks the patience to read through the content of Trav's tedious ramblings. Let this stand as a monument to the unmitigated patience of house elves attempting to educate goblins.

Reply to
Androcles

Let this stand as an example of a undereducated, pompous fool who's undeserved arrogance is only matched by his intellectual cowardice. Ridiculed by the real world, the cowards fictional delusions require him to create an imaginary world where he is the "headmaster".

-Mike K.

Reply to
Mike

Aww, lookit the puppy yap. Can't even get away from his little story.

A coward that lives on his website, afraid to step out into the real world.

And the puppy isn't even creative.

How's your little website world?

-Mike K.

Reply to
Mike

Here are some useful free energy ideas:

  1. Get an electric car. Plug it in while you're at work, and let your employers pay for the electricity.

  1. Run an underground pipe into your neighbor's basement and connect it up to his natural gas line. Pump gas out and let it show on his meter.

  2. Start a company that brokers energy deals between power companies, and use it like a piggy bank that only spits money out without actually putting money in. When it goes bankrupt, blame free markets for the problem and hide all of your money in offshore banks.

  1. Get your power bill put in the name of some large corporation and have the bills all sent to their accounts payable department. They'll probably just pay them without questioning them.

  2. Pay for your gasoline with credit cards. When the credit cards come due, get advances on other credit cards to pay the minimum balances. Keep getting more credit cards until the credit card companies refuse to offer you credit, then declare personal bankrupcty and start over again with new credit cards. When you are no longer able to declare personal bankruptcy any longer, open up a savings and loan.

  1. Run for public office and allow lobbyists from energy corporations to pick up your bills.

Every single one of these methods has been shown to work and has been detailed as effective in the Washington Post in the past two years. I hope this data is helpful.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Is it inability or fear which stops you from attempting to answer the question? It doesn't do to call someone an undereducated, pompous fool who's undeserved arrogance is only matched by his intellectual cowardice, and then run from him. You're looking like a hypocrite and a bag of wind, but then what's new?

You have two choices available to you: ridicule or humiliation. Choose well.

Reply to
Wayne Dobson

Main Entry: 2coast Function: verb Date: 14th century transitive verb

1obsolete : to move along or past the side of : skirt 2: to sail along the shore of intransitive verb 1 aarchaic : to travel on land along a coast or along or past the side of something b: to sail along the shore 2 a: to slide, run, or glide downhill by the force of gravity b: to move along without or as if without further application of propulsive power (as by momentum or gravity)

2b. You are coasting even while decelerating FUCKHEAD.

You may think you can f*ck with Wane or whomever...fine. I'm not Wane, Mikey. Don't bark up this tree.

Trav

Reply to
travisgod

I'm not running from him, I'm just refusing to play his little storybook game.

Note he stays and hides on the internet instead of publishing his ideas. Or giving lectures. Or participating in discussions with groups dedicated to the subject.

Nah, neither.

You're the idiot dobbie, as usual. You don't even know what this guy is claiming, and let you freely get on your knees and *tremble*.

It sorta makes sense that you, a guy who's *training* consists of throwing punches in front of a mirror champions another idiot, who's intellectual *debate* consists of him yapping to himself on his website.

-Mike K.

Reply to
Mike

So says the idiot who has *no* idea what his champeen is advocating.

Yeah right. I'll post a response in the the very next journal in which he gets published.

I love it when the idiots who everyone ridicules think that their opinion is worthy of merit.

Listen up you anonymous dork. Your opinion counts for squat. You've been reduced to shambles on so many occasions they are practically uncountable. You know and I know you are a piece of shit. An anonymous one at that.

On a game system puppy. On a game system. You have *no* real experience in the real world.

So, you admit that he does yap to himself.

Nuff said!

-Mike K.

Reply to
Mike

Well, in just the past few days, Travis has riduled you on more than one occasion. So, you're *nobody* is incorrect.

Nuff Said!

You disagree?

Then state exactly what you think Andro is proposing.

Your *trembling* is proof enough. You typed it. Noone edited your post.

-Mike K.

Reply to
Mike