Re: Stupid "free energy" idea

wrote:

Aww a little dipshit who can't venture outside the little webverse that he created! How unoriginal.
Watcha done with your discovered wisdom puppy?
Throw you in the kill file with the rest of the shit of course, corny rubbernecky. *plonk*

Yeah, figured as much. Go back to your little webverse, you coward.
You're dismissed.
-Mike K.

If you want, you may test-drive a Prius.
I am surprised more people haven't. Their conservation program teaches you a lot about where cars waste fuel. ANY time the car would be better served by gravity, the Prius shuts off the engine. Even on the freeway. I have been doing 70mph in one and have had it shut gas power off. There was no need for it as gravity was more than sufficient. And, if my speed goes too high, I drag the brakes to put some of the excess into the batteries.
That is how hybrids work.
As far as my insulting people, I have 2 defenses: 1, that is just how we talk around here, 2, he actually was an idiot. Somebody crossposted a reply along the way.
Trav
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Which, naturally, strengthened your argument, as it might not have enough strength against sensible people.
--
Wayne Dobson
AKA "Dobbie The House Elf"

You're nobody till Trav has insulted you.
Sam

WOW!!!!!
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm quite sure nobody here got that at all until you stated it.
I got one side question tho, where'd the universe come from?
Trav

God cooked it in his kitchen. He got interrupted, though, which is why it's all half-baked. --scott

On modern cars, its LESS than idling. They typically shut fuel flow OFF on deceleration until the engine speed drops down to idle speed. So going downhill (in gear) uses zero fuel. Going downhill in neutral requires the engine to idle, so that would in fact use MORE fuel than coasting in gear.

Your stupidity doesn't QUIT, does it?
What if gravity is insufficient to overcome compression losses?
In THAT CASE, you are better off shifting to neutral and letting the engine consume at idle.
The engine speed will NOT DROP TO IDLE SPEED, you freakin moron, because the engine is DIRECTLY coupled to the driveline via either the clutch in a manual or the converter lockup (another clutch) in an automatic.
Try THIS.
Put your car in automanual mode. Put it in FIRST GEAR. Evaluate the decleration rate on a LEVEL road from any given speed versus first or second if you do NOT understand engine braking! You will find that RPMs typical of highway speeds in top gear involve actually fairly HIGH levels of engine braking.
You should immediately notice DECREASED compression braking when you put the car into 2nd versus 1st. This is WHY you downshift to slow down.
GD, I do this thing every fking day I drive the kids to school. I put the VW into 3rd on a particular decline and let it engine brake to max at <40mph so the cops with lasers at the bottom won't tag me. If I let the transmission select a higher gear or I did so myself, I would exceed the speed limit.
The car MAXES out on this decline around 38mph in 3rd gear. If I desire to go FASTER, I MUST use fuel! If I shift to 4th, RPMs drop, compression braking lessens and I can roll to a higher terminal speed at which, if I desire to go faster, I must EITHER increase acceleration or decrease deceleration. That could be accomplished by upshifting OR pressing on the accelerator.
EITHER WAY, gravity is competing against engine compression and drag.
Do you people even drive cars or are you just idiots? YES, there ARE hills in which drag + engine compression > gravity, therefore you MUST use fuel or ELSE you remove engine compression as a decelerative load!
Trav
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It will still have contributed something to keep the engine ticking over, thereby requiring the less use of fuel. Or was it a trick question? That was too easy. Another one! Try to make the next one an actual challenge.

How can it be directly coupled when in neutral?
--
Wayne Dobson
AKA "Dobbie The House Elf"

That

nge.
You people are utterly hopeless.
Thank god the engineers who worked on the Prius weren't this stupid.

Again, you cannot read. I was addressing the mfer's contention about an engine dropping to idle speed while coasting.
Trav
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You'll have to bear with us; we're still having difficulty figuring out the directions to Cloud Coockoo Land.

I read 'neutral.' What did you read?

Which happens. What are you confused about?
--
Wayne Dobson
AKA "Dobbie The House Elf"
snipped-for-privacy@aol.cominyrface wrote:

Name me ONE vehicle on the market which leaves the torque-convertor lockup clutch engaged upon deceleration.

What part of the principle of conservation of energy do you not understand? The energy required to keep the engine rotating HAS to come from somewhere. It can either come from a slight drag on the car, or from burning fuel directly. There's no magic savings which you presume exists.
Now if you switch to neutral and shut the engine OFF, you will save (a miniscule amount) of fuel, but its illegal in most areas to do so because you now have less control of the vehicle.

the RPM drops because the car is slowing.
Even if the TC unlocks, you DO realize that you are still viscously coupled to the driveline, right?

Do you need like an MPG of my driving down a hill? Do I have to youtube this shit for you idiots?

OMFG...how else would the engine keep spinning?
Trav
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Dumbass! He's already explained to you that the RPM will drop REGARDLESS of whether or not the car is slowing. You don't seem to understand the term "low reverse-coupling."

Really? Next you'll be explaining what a 'clutch' is.

You're probably able to compare respective fuel consumptions to determine, of your driving styles, which is the more fuel efficient, but you don't show much competence in explaining why your results are the way they are. No, a video wouldn't help. The narration would likely be equally idiotic.

That's what we've all been wondering.
--
Wayne Dobson
AKA "Dobbie The House Elf"

what we've all been wondering is how you could possibly be so terminally stupid.
Trav
snipped-for-privacy@aol.cominyrface wrote:

Please do. That should be interesting.

This is absolutely false. The TC won't typically unlock until the TQ gets nearer to stall speed in highest gear. Not even close. VWs will even DOWNSHIFT for you as you engine decelerate.
Nevermind manuals.

Buffoon.
Most cars will UPSHIFT if you are not under load!
The point is only relevant when the car requires fuel IN GEAR to overpower engine compression.
AGAIN, this goes back to why hybrids do what they do. In MANY cases, at HIGHWAY speeds, where UPSHIFT is not possible, you will do better rolling out than using fuel because engine compression is a SIGNIFICANT decelerative load.
To prove this, merely HOLD A GEAR and step off the fking gas. Just let up. Use a manual transmission if necessary.
Hell, guys, I do this shit every fking day on one particular downhill, exit 8B on I395N, Rt 27 to the memorial bridge. It's a freeway, ramp, top gear, 6th in the Phaeton. I can either use fuel to drive down it or let the car out of gear and coast. If I do the latter, yes, I gain a little bit more speed (obviously), but I can WATCH the fuel meter in real time, and my rollout when the grade lessens is like a freaking mile instead of having to go back onto the gas at the bottom of the grade.
These things are so easy to prove for yourselves, that I do not know why you bother arguing them.
Trav
snipped-for-privacy@aol.cominyrface wrote:

TQ? What does a Thermoquad carburetor have to do with anything.
I'm not going to argue with you, Travis. ANYONE here can validate what I'm saying by just hooking up a diagnostic scan tool and monitoring the TC lockup circuit, or by reading various SAE papers in recent years on how transmission controllers operate. I've got nothing to prove.