Re: Unanswered Questions

Toyota guy Ray LaHood, at first he said, Park your Toyotas.A few hours later he said he made a mistatement.What he had meant to say was take your Toyota to the dealer, they have the parts to fix it.

I saw on local tv news today, Chevrolet/Toyota dealership around here, they are getting the parts and are staying open late, working overtime to fix peoples Toyotas. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

My 1914 Ford Model T Runabout Roadster car doesn't have a gas pedal.There are three pedals on the floor.Stomp down on either one of them and that will stop the car.But then, my Ford Model T can't run fast enough to hardly get out of it's own way either. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

There are problems with the terribly superficial reports by the media. First off, the continual reference to a "pedal problem". The accelerator pedal is just an inert piece of plastic and/or metal that reacts to foot input (or carpet input). The first problem, as I understand it through the media filter, should have been referred to a as an aftermarket floor carpet placement problem, fixed by either removing the carpet or shortening the pedal. The latest problem is, apparently, a sticking linkage. The "fix" has been reported as requiring some sort of metal shim or a or a piece of stainless steel rod or bushing. But the media keep referring to the shorthand version of "pedal problem". Does anyone here know what the actual mechanical repair consists of? Too many reporters went to journalism school and didn't learn much about actual mechanics and physics and must be under pressure to keep it short and punchy. Reminds me of the old Audi "unintended acceleration" problem of several years ago. That almost killed Audi in the USA. Now it looks like Toyota is being run through the same wringer.

Reply to
Bruce W. Ellis

There's a neat free service called Google. Use it.

dr_jeff