XJS stuck in park

Thanks to those who replied to my post re my jag stuck in park, you all made me feel much better and in fact were all correct, the jags being repaired
now, the linkage was damaged by the recovery chap (AA) trying to force the lever out of park. My jag man in Salisbury released it in a matter of seconds with a hammer!! I won't EVER not use the handbrake again.
Dave