My First Toyota....

1973 Toyota Corona given to my in the winter of '93. Short lived due to inability maintain a vehicle...RIP.
Reply to
actionmax

'Our' first Toyota was a '72 Corona, bought new in '72. Went 120,000 miles before being traded...for a Merc Zephyr...UGH! Last ford in the family... all Toyotas after that!

MINE was a 1974 Corolla 1200. Bought it brand new my senior year in High School, after saving 2 summers worth of wages. Paid for the car cash, paid the insurance and had enough left over for a tank of gas...and a 'baggie'...

Then had a '72 Corona MKII, but had a Volvo 1800ES in between...Google it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Heh, I thought that *I* knew everything, as a youth, so when I got my first vehicle, a 57 Pontiac Laurentian, in 1964, I neglected to change out the summer 30 weight oil. Come winter, in had to be pushed to start MANY times, due to the high viscosity of the oil.

Reply to
sharx35

Laurentian? We didn't have one of those here in the US.

They eventually 'brought down' the Parisienne as a Wagon, IIRC.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I saw an Acadian at a car show the other day (Canadian Chevy Nova equvalent) I was impressed. Also a 2CV and a turbocharged 64 Corvair.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

My first Toyota was a 72 Carina I bought from my dad in 1977 for 532 dollars so he could buy his 77 Corolla, the last car he would ever buy. The last plate on it expired the same month he did, November of 1999.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

nothin but a caprice.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Reply to
tom418

I was going to mention the Acadia. A Nova with a Pontiac grille!

Reply to
Hachiroku

mine was a 68 or 69 corolla. a k10 or k11 I think. don't remember what happened to it. think I sold it in the 80's for 100.00

Reply to
Dr Corey

Dang! Cool!

Reply to