Rear-Main Mazda 929 1989

The dealership quoted me a price of about $575 to replace the rear main seal on my 123K miles 89 929 (SOHC). The car is still good with a nice appearance and all working accessories. I would like to keep it for two more years. Is this price in-line for a rear-seal replacement? I would prefer the dealer over an indy if there's only $100 or so difference. Also, it need the rear camshaft cap seals replaced as well as the valve cover gaskets. The rear camshaft seals, how do you get the old ones out? From inside the head with the valve covers off? Or do the heads need to be removed?? This is a rear wheel drive car. Any advise very greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Rich M