Reformulated Gasoline - Sudden gas mileage drop?

Hi All: It has been suggested by another member of this NG that reformulated gasoline may be the culprit for a sudden drop in fueL economy. I have talked to some of my co-workers and at least one other guy has observed a drop in gas mileage. Anyone else? Robert

Reply to
Finite Guy

Winter time, you can probably expect a 10% drop no matter what kind of gas you use. The engine spends a lot more time running without being fully warmed up. Even FI runs richer when cold. One also tends to spend a few more minutes defogging windows etc. before driving off.

Reply to
Bill Kapaun

Yes, reformulated gas does reduce your gas mileage.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

Hi Bill - even with the cold factored in (I manage to sneak off and get non-oxygenated gas sometimes) my mileage drops going to gasahol - everyone's will. Hate the stuff, eats the seals in my old cars, of no use to anyone but ADM.

Andrew

Bill Kapaun wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule