reverse distance sensor (for backing up)

what would be a good and easy unit to use/install oneself as a backup sensor, to determine distance from wall or other obstacle (ie. pillar in public parking garage or other car)?

I'm not afraid of doing a little drilling myself but in visiting the local napa autoparts (also advanced auto parts), they don't really know anything about the products to tell the customer, just point to the box on the wall

I don't need a camera, just something that would tell me how far the rear bumper is from the wall

Reply to
mary ellis

Something like this

Velleman Parking Radar Kit

if you dont mind building it into boxes...etc..

--Don

Don Byrer Commercial Pilot / CFI Student Electronics Technician, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE Amateur Radio KJ5KB

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "I know what it sounds like....when doves cry" (Bird Strike 8/29/05)

Reply to
Don Byrer