Rotor arm

Just have a real simple question:

What is a rotor arm and what is its purpose?

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
Phil

Well, on the rotor under the cap it is the piece that carries the brass/steel/aluminum contact piece that distributes the spark. On a Helicopter it is the piece that goes between the rotor blade and hub that allows the blade to change pitch based on the position of the collector plate.

Reply to
Steve W.

I think we need some context. Could be a rotor in a distributor or maybe a radial arm in the suspension. There's no common "rotor arm" per se.

Reply to
JimV

I think its the one in a distributor. Only asking out of interest, a friend said they had theirs replaced.

Thanks again

Reply to
Phil

That could also just be called a rotor.

The rotor (arm) and distributor cap still do wear out on the newer vehicles and get neglected because they don't wear as fast as the old points ones did. Folks think electronic ignition and forget simple things.

Mike

Phil wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain