water leaks

99 Grand Prix GTP 81,000km well I thought when you bought the total plus extended warranty from GM it meant that all the car was under warranty for 5 years 100,000km but I find out that's not the case. I have a water leak from the spoiler on the trunk and water coming in through the drivers door, when I ask the dealer he tells me that the extended warranty does not cover any leaks or trim after 3 years 60,000km

The drivers doors needs to be adjusted, it's a little off since the first day I got the car (brand new in 99) but its only lately that the water started leaking and the trunk has been leaking for over a year but haven't had time to bring it in until now.

so what's a guy to do??

Reply to
Consultant

Consultant asked : Whats a guy to do?

Fix it ?

The spoiler leak is probably just a bad gasket or loose bolts. You could fix that yourself. Some of the hold down bolts may have individual rubber like washers or the bottom of the spoiler may just have a rubber gasket.

Not sure about why the door is leaking. You don't say where the door is leaking either. Does your car have the double gasket? one around the door & one around the door jamb?

If the weatherstrip on the door was damaged by mishandling of opening & closing of the door, than that is no fault of the manufacturer.

Some cars have zero adjust hinges and door strikers so no adjustment can be made...gotta love those cars with the hinges welded on.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,450 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Well, the dealer brought in their water guy, and fixed leaks in both front doors, and in the rear under the spoiler. N/C warranty work - I'm happy.

Reply to
Chris

they all do that, just to see whos good, get some epoxy cement and glue it up yourself. some vinyle or rubber dressing (like cigarett lighter fluid) will soak up into the door seal cuasing it to expand and seal. like VINYL -X, AMORAL, ect.. try to beef it up by slipping DUCT-TAPE under it with a butter knife

Reply to
R F