Sebring starting problem

I have a 1999 Sebring with 69K miles on it. Occasionally when I try to start the car it runs for a second or two and then dies. A second try and it does the same thing. After that, the car is completely dead when I try to start it again.....I turn the key and there is no sound, no cranking of the starter,just silence. I wait 3 or 4 minutes and try it again and the car starts normally and runs normally. The battery and alternator have been replaced within the last two weeks. Any info would be appreciated.

Doug and Patty

Reply to
MRTYMCFLY

Does the vehicle have a theft system? Are there any trouble codes? Automatic or manual tranny?

When the starter refuses to run, check for voltage on the black wire with yellow tracer at the starter solenoid. With the key turned all the way to crank, that wire should be hot.

If there is a starter relay under the hood or wherever, that is easy to get at, you can test the starter from there. If you try this, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set. You have to do the testing while the problem is ongoing.

Reply to
jdl