Seeking answer to AT shifting problem

Hi,

I damaged the automatic transmission on my mini van by driving around too long with too much AT fluid in it. It doesn't slip, but it does not shift in the right spots anymore, and seems to "hunt" around for the right speed especially getting on the gas after coasting at freeway speeds.

Could this be fixed by replacing the torque converter, or do I need to replace the whole thing?

Thank you very much for any help you can send.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Shep

If it's a Chrysler product I hope you are now using the Chrysler specified +3 or +4 rather than DExron or Mercon in it. That could be part of your problem and will cause early failure. You said minivan so I'm only guessing. Never give a newsgroup any information to go on. That way you can get a multitude of crappy answers from which to pick the one you like.

Reply to
Al Bundy

That's funny :) Well, it's a Toyota van, but thank you very much anyway. Usually I do good maintenance/repair but my negligence this time was mighty dumb. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Steve