Snazzy Car.

1937, Topper movie.Cary Grant, Constance Bennett, Roland Young movie. Cary Grant was driving a snazzy looking boat tail car.I wonder what make and model and year that car was? cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

Auburn Speedster

Reply to
A Muzi

Only one Snazzy boat tail car from that era--- The Auburn Speedster. There were imitators but the Auburn made them look cheap.

Reply to
Steve W.

"Steve W." wrote in news:gn5m84$nqm$1 @news.motzarella.org:

I was at Hershey back in the fall. In the Car Corral (the road that runs around the fields) there was a '30s Packard roadster of some kind that had an actual aluminum rowboat inverted and incorporated into the rear portion of the Packard's body: A true "boat"-tail. I figured the owner either had a very weird sense of humor, or very bad taste.

Got photos somewhere...

Reply to
Tegger

Have a look at lot number 241 here:

sorry, cant figure out how to direct link

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel
1937, Topper movie.Cary Grant, Constance Bennett, Roland Young movie. Cary Grant was driving a snazzy looking boat tail car.I wonder what make and model and year that car was? cuhulin ====================================

1935 Auburn Boattail Speedster:

Web page has nine photos and a written history.

Happy reading.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Back in the 1970s, there was a lumber yard about half a mile from me.Sitting inside of the lumber yard area was an old Graham car.I think the car dates back to the 1940s, it had a big ''funny'' looking grillfront end on the car.The car had been sitting there for years.One day I went over there and I asked if the car was for sale.A guy told me the car isn't for sale. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

here you go:

or did you mean a photo:

A Muzi

Whoops. should be:

A Muzi

One of my old bosses found a Stutz in a cornfield in Oklahoma. Took him forever to get the farmer to sell it to him. They would prefer to let it rust away.

To shorten the story, "Spike" had it redone from top to bottom, and it was a beauty to behold. I believe he had about $50,000 in it, which seems cheap by today's standards.

As I remember it, it had an unusual tail as well.

Didnt Allard also have a boat tail car?

Reply to
HLS

It was back in the early 1970s when I saw that car at the lumber yard.I could be mistaken, perhaps it wasen't a Graham, Graham Paige car.Maybe it was an Auburn car.Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg, I don't think it was a Cord car, or maybe,,, I am certain it wasen't a Duesenberg car.The car had sort of a big horizontal grille on it. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin