Springs for a 1990 Protege

I just bought a 1990 Protege (not 4WD) and saw that the rear suspension was pretty worn. We didn't see just how bad it was until we go the struts off... both of the springs are very worn and one is broken. I was able to buy struts without any problem, but I can't find springs to save my life. I've checked the stores in my area (Columbus OH) and they don't carry them, the scope of Autozone's used parts deal doesn't cover them, and I haven't been able to find any via junkyard.

Any ideas of where to look next? The springs are 16" long and have an outer diameter of 5.5". It doesn't seem that this is the kind of part that lends itself to generic or universal makes, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Many TIA, Colin

(also posted in r.a.m.m.miata)

Reply to
Colin Odden

I found a couple of possibilities for you in Kenton, OH Check

<HLS

Brilliant! I wish I'd known about this site earlier. I don't see the springs listed in Kenton (I see a couple in West Olive, MI), but I'm willing to believe I'm not looking carefully enough.

Reply to
Colin Odden

I'd go with used springs from a salvage yard. There are several on McKinley Ave. for example. You can get them for a song and you already know how to take the strut off the car.

good luck

Reply to
Dave in Columbus