Starts and drives but dies

This 1.6 L fuel injecxted automatic Mazda has been a nightmare. It starts runs/drives as soon as I turn off the ignition and start it again for about 1/4 mile then when I step on the gas it dies again but will idle down the street fine for a time but eventually stop again. then it starts imediatly and drives off again. the head was resurfaced and got the compression up to 125-150 on all four. it does not miss at all but does the same as before the head was reworked. I have replaced the distributor, computor, fuel pump, fiddled with the timing, attempted to locate an air leak by spraying starting fluid but none is apparent, has anybody got ideas.

Reply to
steve.terrall

have you done a fuel pressure test? maybe the fuel pressure regulator is shot.

Reply to
boxing

Have you checked the rubber intake boot for a tear that flexes open when the engine rocks backward on acceleration?

Toyota MDT in MO

P.S. so yes, I got ideas.

Reply to
Comboverfish