stripped distributor cap

I am not sure put I cant seem to get on side of my cap perfectly tight. The holw might be stripped. Is there something I can do without pulling the distributor? There is not alot of room back there.

Reply to
stryped

Are you putting a new cap on?? You might have the cap on wrong. Turn it 180 degrees.

If it is stripped you might have to tap it the next size higher, or take a chance and screw the next size in without tapping it. Maybe some RTV or something else might help to hold it as long as you let it set.

Reply to
m6onz5a