tinting windows

I have tried over the years to do it and I always mess up. I have a 96 chevy truck with the driver window tint that buckled after many years. (I did not tint it).

How hard would it be to take the window out to tint it? I am determined to be able to figure this out.

Reply to
stryped

roll the window down take the inside widow molding weather strip off then run your tint pass the molding point -- downward

window comes out toward the out side i just change a window on a 98 chevy pain in the ass

Reply to
tudysmuck

I'm not a window tint professional, but what I've seen professionals (who are trying to save time) do is cut the tint a little bit longer than the window ... then with a putty knife, pull the molding or weather stripping back and let the tint fall under it (this is the last step). They're done ... and they tell you not to roll the window down for at least 48 hours.

If they aren't in a hurry or need for it to never come back, they take the door panel/molding off and actually cut the tint to fit. I have seen success had with both methods, but if it were me and I was doing my own car, I'd take the door panel off and do it that way.

It has been my experience that taking a window out of a vehicle that has power windows is a far bigger pain in the butt than it's worth.

Reply to
Walter