Type of tire for small SUVs?

Can a passenger car tire be used on a small SUV? I am going to be replacing tires on an '04 CRV and most of the shops I've called have recommended passenger tires, Goodyear Comfort Tread and Michelin Symmetry for example. But one shop said that for the best ride, performance and treadwear the original equipment tire would be best, Bridgestone Duelers. Unfortunately, I barely got 30K miles out of these and they were noisy so I'm looking for an alternative. Or is 30K the best I can expect out of any tire on this car?

Thanks.

Reply to
al