Tire Suggestions for 2002 Camry LE V6

I have a 2002 Camry LE V6 with 205/65R15 tires and looking for recommendations for T, H, or V rated tires. Here is what I am looking for:

- LONG tread life (drive about 25,000 to 30,000 miles a year)

- Quiet, comfortable, smooth ride ( I want to enjoy the silence and not hear tire hum)

- Exceptional Wet traction

- Good Quality (no vibrations, or other issues)

- High Speed stability (drive at 75 to 80 mph daily)

So far, I have been on tire rack, 1010tires.com, consumer reports, and epinions to get feedback. I figure I woul just post a question on here.

I recently got michelin harmonys for a corolla and other car and was happy with the comfort, quietness and smoothness of the tire. I replaced the michelin mx4's with the harmony on the corolla and it made a huge difference. the harmony is only S rated tho.

Any suggestions? I don't mind paying more for tires if they are good. Winter traction is not a big deal as I have nokian snows.

Reply to
Car Guy

My wife's '98 has had Michelins, Pirellis, Yohohamas, and is now sporting Goodyear Assurances.

So far, I really like this tire. And it isn't French.

--------------------------------------------- "America has been in too many wars for any of our wishes, but not a one of them was won by being sensitive. Those that threaten us and kill innocents around the world do not need to be treated more sensitively. They need to be destroyed." - V.P. Dick Cheney

Reply to
Eric Dreher

for:

hear

I've had good performance and wear with Toyos and Coopers on my wife's Corolla.

--
"Because America is powerful, we must be sensitive
 about expressing our power and influence"-George W. Bush

Reply to
Car Guy

What model of Toyo and Cooper? I appreciate the info but without telling me the model, it does not really help me out.

Reply to
Car Guy

Michelin Hydroedge. Superb wet traction and responsive handling. Quiet, except for a low hum at highway speeds. Worth the extra bucks over the Harmony.

Reply to
Ron

I have the Hydroedge and agree with Ron. Check

for comments on various tires. You'll see, however, that "...these are the worst/loudest..." comments exist for pretty much any tire. Just read through the junk and take out the helpful comments.

As for the low hum, I've found that on some roads that would make my previous tires (Integrity) quite noisy, the Hydroedge is quiet. And on other roads, the Hydroedge might be a little more noisy than the Integrity's were. So, I've found it's a little give and take. But the traction is VERY good with the Hydroedge. Also, the sidewalls always look clean and a little shiny due to the rubber technology Michelin as employed.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I recently purchased a set of Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread. I love them. I travel about 30K a year or more and love these tires ...so far...

I had some Eagle LS before and they were JUNK.

The Assurance Comfort Tread is quiet and that is important to me...I travel the highway a lot.

As for life of the tire...well, I don't know but they are rated at

80,000 miles so I assume that they will last...My 2002 Avalon has 85K on it and I hope these are the last tires I buy for it...

Good Luck

Reply to
Mike Quinto

I'm probably going to replace the junk OEM bridgestones that came with my 03 camry with Goodyear Assurance also, although I think I will go with the "traction tred" model rather than the comfort tred.

The tires are still a bit new to the market, but the reports have been favorable, so far.

As for Toyo, I have run the Toyo Spectrums for years and love them, but they seem a bit lacking in snow and ice.....not that I do that much snow and ice travel, but as I get older, I get less bolder. HA HA>

Toyo 800Ultra are decent tires with decent wear, but seem a bit hard and noisy to me. But great rain traction, etc., once again they seem to fall down a bit in snow and ice....for the money, I get the Spectrum over the 800 Ultra.

Reply to
Tim J. Johson

I did pretty extensive research and I bought Michelin Hydroedge for my

1995 Avalon last year. The car has been driven about 15K (driven 50 miles daily at 70-75 mph). Great traction, expecially in rain. Pretty good in snow, but we do not get a lot of snow (Kentucky). Highly recommended, you need to shop around because the price varies from one store to another. At the time, Sears was the cheapest.

Thanks Chris

Reply to
chris

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (chris) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Are they reasonably quiet with not much whine, and ride okay?

Bob

Reply to
Mr. Bob

I put Hydroedge on mine and with about 10k on them really like them. Did have some difficulty getting them balanced. The Tire Dealer could not balance, did a static and a strobe balance. I then took it to the Dealer thinking something might be wrong with the car. The Dealer balanced them and have been excellent since. Very quiet tire and very quiet on wet roads.

Russ

Reply to
Russel