Universal Diesel-Adaptor for dwell tach testers?

Hello,

I use an old dwell tach tester Sun-Electric TDT-12-8 (Sun-Electric/Sun-Diagnostics is part of the Snap-on Holding) and I would like to measure the speed in diesel-engines too with this TDT-12-measurement.

So the question is: Does anybody know a probe which extend the possibilities of the TDT-12? Maybe the Snap-on optional meter accessorie MT257 is a solution?

Other question: Does someone know which accessories were formerly available for the TDT-12-Tester?

Thank you for a hint. Best Regards Michael Kreienberg

Reply to
Michael Kreienberg

I doubt it. The MT257 converts the injector pulse to a signal that can be read by an inductive timing light or inducive timing meter. It would work if you have a timing light that also displays RPM.

I'm not familiar with the TDT-12, but your description of it being an "old dwell tach tester" leads me to believe that it doesn't have an inductive pick-up for its RPM function.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Hello,

"Neil Nelson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com...

yes, you are right, the Snap-on MT257 is not the right accessorie, but the Snap-on MTRPMD500 (seen at

looks intersting for doing that: "Optional diesel engineadaptor for the MTRPM500 Digital Tachometer. Use ondiesel engines only. Includes RPM leads and transducer.Range is 300 to 6,000 RPM." Does anybody know this probe and what signal comes from the MTRPMD500?