Unsafe tires.

Scott, Ashton, Bev:

Just because something *can* be done, despite warnings to the contrary, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Especially Dorsey, of all people!

Count me in the minority, but I'll do what's right: Stay somewhere between mfg door placard and what's on the tire. I also adjust my TVs for accurate picture, instead of leaving them in factory 'torch' mode, and can't STAND daylight "saving" time! Glad we here in USA are back on standard. ;)

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I liked the DOUBLE DST when we had it one year back in the dark ages. Should keep it all year around. There's NOTHING for working people to do in the morning, whereas there's lots to do after work. I'm retired so it doesn't really matter, but it seems stupid to change time for farmers (Don't they have watches? Don't they get up with the sun anyway?) and schoolchildren who can't figure out how to walk to school in the dark.

Reply to
The Real Bev

The Real Bev wrote: "I liked the DOUBLE DST when we had it one year back in the dark ages. Should keep it all year around. There's NOTHING for working people to do in the morning, whereas there's lots to do after work. I'm retired so it doesn't really matter, but it seems stupid to change time for farmers (Don't they have watches? Don't they get up with the sun anyway?) and schoolchildren who can't figure out how to walk to school "

Wrong, wrong, and... wrong!

DST was NOT devised for the farmers! It was for city and suburban dwellers so they could stay up later at night partying or in modern times, watching TV, then still have an extra hour of darkness in the morning to sleep. Remember: DST delays sunRISE and sunset by one hour.

I'm solidly in the minority in this respect, but I like my sunrises early. DST feels weird, with 7am sunrises and noon coming at 1pm by the clock. And, surprise surprise, Indiana, which started observing it in 2007, reported an INCREASE in energy consumption, mostly summer A.C. costs and some heating during the darker DST mornings.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Was this one of his tires?

larrymoencurly

Blow up a balloon too much, it WILL POP! Bubble Gum Too. Back in the old T Model years some people would stuf some straw into flat tires.

Reply to
JR

Was this one of his tires?

" Wai - whaaat? Don't see how that's possible! lol

Reply to
thekmanrocks