Use your EV to save the power grid!

Anybody actually done the math on this? EV are already very short range vehicles. Can't drive to the emergency room because I forgot to forecast the emergency to the power company.

Every charge cycle reduces the range a little. At some (earlier) time, the battery needs to be replaced. More E-waste. Even if they paid me enough extra over the years for the buyback to cover the cost of batteries, I already spent it on booze and cigarettes and don't have the many kilobucks needed to replace the cells.

Bad idea all around for most of us. You think business and government users have any more financial discipline than mere consumers????

Reply to
mike

Those EV batteries don't get recharged out of thin air.They are not going to save anything, in my opinion. Top Gear recently did a test on three different EVs.They all ran short of electricity.They wound up recharging the batteries at a boat dock.At least one of those EVs, some people helped push it to the boat dock. cuhulin

Reply to
J R

Before this is over, people may be pushing them off the boat dock.

Reply to
hls