How Not To Save Detroit

Would be really funny except it is a little too close to the truth:

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I still got a laugh out of it. Any guesses on when Fiat-Chrysler (or will it be Chrysler-Fiat) files for Chapter 7?

Reply to
necromancer - ECHM

They didn't bail out Detroit or American Industry or Americans. They bailed out Wall Street and Global Speculators and Banking. They should have bailed out the victims and let them(us)rescue the firms deserving bailing out with our spending. The result we have is that there is endless supply, of proposed and already implemented tax increases, fees, revenue enhancement, lost jobs, manufacturing base, and a devaluing currency. That's all upside down and they keep talking about preserving and improving it.

Reply to
Frog Breeches

The bankers' people in the government bailed out the bankers. Goldman Sachs didn't give all that money to Obama just for fun.

Sometimes one might think that's what they want achieve.

GM is the brink of becoming the Amtrack of autos.

Reply to
Brent

We couldn't have done it without the ''Rosies''

Saturday is the 65th Anniversary of D Day.

Code Name Exercise Tiger

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Yup. And the Muslim Sympathizer-In-Chief will be in Normandy...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

The 2011 Chrysler Torpedo

And the new 2011 Chrysler Town and Country SPORTSTER HEMI

Wait till you see the new GM cars as designed by NANCY PELOSI

Reply to
krp

"necromancer - ECHM" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The 2012 Cadillac Vaginator as designed by NANCY PELOSI and Congress

krp

HEY WAIT! Nancy Pelosi has PLANS to SAVE GM and bring it back to its former glory. She has designed a 2012 SUV that is GREEN for Chevrolet.

krp

necromancer - ECHM <55_sux@worldofnecromancer_no_spam_no_way.org> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Fiat stands for: Ok Enzo, you can keep your job - until you stop making cars that no longer perform. Look it up. Fiat owns Alfa Romeo which was one of the very *first* race car companys period. Certainly the only one still around - excepting possibly Mercedes Benz. Enzo started working there, stole bucketloads of their research, formed Ferrari, and the rest is history. If Fiat buys *any* part of Chrysler you can be sure it's the only part that's worth anything. Wild guess: the engine works and nothing else.

Reply to
fred

That one's been kicking around for awhile. Do the math:

How many Americans over 50? The number I keep seeing is 40 million. Multiply that by 1,000,000 and you get 40 trillion. Where does that come from?

Reply to
MG

A married Irish lady friend of mine in Bognor Regis,England seems to still be happy with her Fiat Punto Car. The name, Car, is derived from the Irish Celtic name/word, Carrus. cuhulin, the Celt

Reply to
cuhulin

If Fiat buys/merges with Chrysler, it couldn't be worse than when it was Daimler Chrysler. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I'll still line up...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

He's probably like my friend who proposed it to me six months ago....an accountant

Reply to
cavedweller

In three years GM will be profitable and the government can sell it off just like Nixon promised with amtrack!

Reply to
Brent

Nixon promised that?

Reply to
Scott in SoCal

Actually his adminstration.

It's mentioned at ~3:15 also see:
"AmtrakThe little engine that couldn't." And
And
"The U.S. Transportation Department took over a group of overregulated private railroads that were bankrupt. The department wrote of Amtrak, .It is expected that the corporation would experience financial losses for about three years and then become a self-sustaining enterprise.."

Reply to
Brent

YEP. He promised to make Amtrak profitable in 2 years. Just like the Feds promise to have the Post Office turn a profit. Don't worry - they will "FIX" your healthcare!

Reply to
krp

Put the government in charge of the desert, and within 10 years you'll have a shortage of sand.

Only idiots vote for more of government.

Reply to
TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwpj65