Valve lifter problem? (Oil pressure? Journals? Oil pump?)

Please explain where the "insulating-thingy" is located and how it looks. Is it the rubber or cork seal that sits between the cylinder head and the valve cover? That is a gasket ("packning" in swedish).

Cheers, Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

I suppose it's that cork seal between the cylinders and the gasket.

To make sure: It's about 30 cm x 12 cm (12inc x 4.5 inc), about 1 mm thick (or 2), has three big holes for cylinders, and many smaller holes for other channels, oil as a one (or more). I know what it is called in Finnish, but that doesn't help you that much. I suppose direct conversion from the Finnish word would become "Gasket insulator".

Reply to
Tero Patana

"Cylinder head gasket" or simply "head gasket" in American English :-)

Reply to
Steve

That sounds like a head gasket. It's the thing that sits between the cylinder head and the engine block and seals the combustion gasses, coolant, oil.

like this:

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

The HEAD gasket was "clogged"????????

Now THATS different. --

| > > I got the car back yesterday. The mechanic had opened the cover (gasket?) | > > of the non-oiled V-branch. The cover insulating-thingy (you haven't yet | > > told me the correct term for that part) has these holes in it, and then | >

| > Please explain where the "insulating-thingy" is located and how it | > looks. Is it the rubber or cork seal that sits between the cylinder | > head and the valve cover? That is a gasket ("packning" in swedish). | >

| | I suppose it's that cork seal between the cylinders and the gasket. | | To make sure: It's about 30 cm x 12 cm (12inc x 4.5 inc), about 1 mm thick | (or 2), has three big holes for cylinders, and many smaller holes for | other channels, oil as a one (or more). I know what it is called in | Finnish, but that doesn't help you that much. I suppose direct conversion | from the Finnish word would become "Gasket insulator".

Reply to
spare-me-spam