Vehicle not moving in neutral

A a heavy duty truck makes sense. Actually, I was using "dump truck" as a figure of speech for a heavy duty truck.

I hope he pulls the drums soons and reports to us. The reason I feel the shoes are contaminated is because of the time factor involved. A bad cable is more apt to stick immediately upon applying the parking brake.

Don

Don

I think that's a 'transmission-mounted' parking brake. Operated by a parking brake lever (as most are) but operates a drom mounted on the tranny (or transfer case) output.

I think its not so much the age as these used to be built by Toyota's heavy truck division. Another one of its peculiarities is an oil drain plug with a 1 inch diameter. Something typically seen on a vehicle with a very large capacity oil pan.

In later years, they moved Landcruisers to a diffent production line and adopted more automotive-like features (parking brake being the rear wheel drums, etc.).

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Not sure how what this has to do with the orig "Only when I place it in gear, give some gas and release the clutch slowly to apply drive to the tires, the vehicle squats in the appriopriate direction and with more gas, I hear a big thud and it finally releases."

The part about "the vehicle squats" indicates torque is being delivered to drive axles which pretty much rules out the driveline brake unless we are talking about something related to 4wd. Has this vehicle been identified as 2wd or 4wd?

=jim

Reply to
jim

Some older Fords and Cadillacs (except El Dorados) had a brake drum on the front driveline yoke (rear wheel drive models).

Reply to
~^Johnny^~